Was hitting process limits, the problem was resolved following the advice from misc@.
Quad Core Linux computer - worth a look.
HACKER [originally, someone who makes furniture with an axe] n.
- A person who enjoys learning the details of programming systems and how to stretch their capabilities, as opposed to most users who prefer to learn only the minimum necessary.
- One who programs enthusiastically, or who enjoys programming rather than just theorizing about programming.
- A person capable of appreciating hack value (q.v.).
- A person who is good at programming quickly. Not everything a hacker produces is a hack.
- An expert at a particular program, or one who frequently does work using it or on it; example: "A SAIL hacker". (Definitions 1 to 5 are correlated, and people who fit them congregate.)
- A malicious or inquisitive meddler who tries to discover information by poking around. Hence "password hacker", "network hacker".
Oona Räisänen blog.
$Id: dates.htm,v 1.1364 2020/06/05 19:30:28 fred Exp $
$Id: diary,v 1.27 2017/09/01 17:12:44 fred Exp $